little things that help ease symptoms of depression:
- turn the lights on and open a window
- eat something healthy and drink ice cold water
- find a comforting album to listen to whenever things get bad
- take a long, relaxing bath
- do yourself up in full make up and hair
- be around people, even if you don’t think it will help
- watch something funny on netflix
- wear your favorite/most comfortable outfit
- immerse yourself in a hobby like drawing
- lose yourself in a really good book or movie
Just recently, Cat asked me for an advice that brought my ego to an all time high. Sabi na eh, sumusunod sya sa yapak ko— tho her path is less deviant than mine.
From my perspective (as a former rebel), conservative and medyo strikto talaga ang parents namin. Nagkataon lang talaga na “lalaki” ako at matigas pa ang ulo kaya no choice sila but to be lenient sa’kin. Alam kasi nila yung ugaling kong, habang pinipigil— lalong nang-gigigil. As for Cat’s problem, madalas kasi syang ligwak at hindi pinapayagan kapag magpapa-alam syang lalabas. So— tinanong nya ako kung paano daw ako magpa-alam sa parents namin noon at pinapayagan akong uma-aura
nang walang uwian. At naloka ang bruha sa sagot ko—
JUVIE 101: Hindi ako nagpapa-alam— ini-inform ko lang sila, tiny details lang dapat. Tapos dapat kapag sinabi mong aalis ka, dala mo na yung gamit mo— ready to leave ka na, para wala nang palag. Hindi ko rin naman problema ang pera kasi nakaka-ipon from my allowance. At kahit sinong mag-tanong sa’yo kung saan ka pupunta ang dapat mo lang isagot ay, “Dyan lang”.
Ang sarap lang sa pakiramdam kapag yung younger sibling mo is looking up to you and is asking for your advice/help— kahit na ba kalokohan yung gusto nilang matutunan. Hahahaha! Ang lakas maka-“Kuya of the Year” awardee, ganyan.
I never thought being a Kuya feels this good. Hahaha!
- Long sniff: “Mmmmm… You smell different when you’re awake.”
- "Please help me", then smile as if nothing happened.
- If it’s a girl you’re hugging and you’re a guy: “I can feel them pressing against my chest. I think those are the only thing I miss about being a woman.”
- A good friend of mine (we are both males) enjoy creating awkward situations by hugging in public when we see each other. We don’t do the manly, back pound hug, instead we do the arms up and under each others’ armpits hug. We slowly hug each others’ back and say, loud enough for everyone to hear: "So nice. So nice. So safe. So nice." And then we separate with a big sigh. It can silence a room.
- "You have a lovely skin. I can’t wait to try it on."
- "The slow blade penetrates the shield…"
- "Your hair taste like strawberries."
- "Tonight… you."
- "Wait— don’t let go just yet." Subtle. Weird. Unusual. Needy.
- "He knows. Don’t go home."
- "I always knew you would die in my arms."
- "That’ll do pig."
- "Every time I poop, I think of you."
- "No one will ever believe you."
- "I bet you didn’t feel me lick your ear."
- "I killed Mufasa."
- "There are only four layers, or less, of cloth separating us from ecstasy."
- "Mother told me it would be like this."
"The Lannisters send their regards."
"I’ve seen you cry. And I like it."
When I was younger— I’d put my arms in my shirt and told people I lost my arms. Would restart the video game whenever I knew I was going to lose. Slept with all the stuffed animals as a child so none of them got offended. Had that one pen with 4 colors, and tried to push all the buttons at once. Poured soda into the cap and acting like I were taking shots. The hardest decision was choosing which Nintendo game to play. Waited behind a door to scare someone, then leaving because they’re taking too long to come out or you had to pee. Faked being asleep, so I could be carried to bed. Used to think that the moon followed my car. Watching two drops of rain roll down window and pretending it was a race. Went on the computer just to use Paint. The only thing I had to take care of was a Tamagotchi. The only “fake” friends I had were invisible ones. I used to sing in the shower. (Now? I make life decisions in there now). Swallowed a fruit seed I was scared to death that a tree was going to grow in my tummy. Getting a bruised knees heals better than a broken heart. Remember when we were kids and couldn’t wait to grow up— what the hell were we thinking?
Life was so simple. :(